Over the winter break, numerous third-year students participated in the W_Internship, an immersive program that helps cultivate architecture students' knowledge, skills, and abilities for their future professions. The program facilitated strong connections between the participating firms and aspiring professionals, immersing themselves in project teams, research endeavors, site visits, client meetings, and precedent and case studies. Despite the brief duration, the exposure to a wide range of tasks provided students with valuable insights into potential career paths available to them. Students had the opportunity to shadow many different firms, including GriD Architects (Annapolis, MD), KTGY (Tysons, VA), Moseley Architects (Fairfax, VA), CPL Architecture, Engineering, and Planning (Charlotte, NC), Duda|Paine Architects (Durham, NC), VIA Design Architects (Norfolk, VA), Moseley Architects (Virginia Beach, VA), and FXCollaborative (Brooklyn, NY).

Photo 1: Sterling Hensley, who interned at Duda|Paine Architects, described the W_Internship program by saying, “This is a great opportunity for architecture students to gain a new perspective on how their work in the studio can be applied when working in an architecture firm.”

Photo 4: Lucy McHargue, who described her time at GriD Architects, said, “My W_Internship with GriD Architects was an incredible learning experience! In my two weeks, I was able to do everything from attending client meetings and site visits to learning Revit and creating concept diagrams. I'm so grateful for this opportunity. I learned so much.”