Virginia Tech® home

Internal Major Change

FAQs on the internal major change process at the School of Architecture

Frequently asked questions regarding the internal major change process to the undergraduate program in Architecture:

Q: I am a student currently enrolled at Virginia Tech, and I would like to transfer into the Architecture program. What is the process for acceptance?

A: We refer to currently enrolled Virginia Tech undergraduate students who want to change their major and transfer into Architecture as “internal major change process.” An application must be submitted. Applications will be accepted beginning the first day of the spring semester. The application deadline is in mid-February.

Internal Major Change Process FAQs

Internal Major Change Policy

Please attend the Internal Major Change Meeting for the School of Architecture on Friday, October 20 beginning at 5:30 p.m. in Cowgill RM 400.

Architecture Internal Major Change Application: We will begin accepting applications on the first day of the Spring 2024 semester, January 16, 2024.

1. Fill out application.

2. Fill out this form and attach supporting documents in a combined PDF.


Q: If I am accepted to change majors, what happens next?

A: Students enrolled at Virginia tech who are accepted through the change of majors process are all required to take the Summer Design Lab during the following first and second summer sessions.